Wednesday, February 13, 2013

PART 1 - Hormones: Are They The Fountain Of Youth?

When I received my medical training, very little time was spent on hormone management…. may I repeat, VERY LITTLE TIME WAS SPENT ON HORMONE MANAGEMENT. It was actually about 4 hours of lecture. In the grand scheme of things, that’s a drop in the bucket, considering most body systems were covered over days. 

I have to be honest though; it really didn’t matter to me at the time that our training was so sparse… This was probably because hormones didn’t affect me personally. However, as I’ve gotten past the magical “40” number, it’s become VERY important to me. In fact, you might say it’s become a passion of mine. 

When I read things like, “Alzheimer’s is a preventable disease” and it all boils down to proper hormone management, I get fired up. I’m fired up for two reasons: One, hormones play such a crucial role in disease prevention, vitality and youthfulness, yet my medical education DID NOT teach me this; Two, I’m excited to live in a time where information is king and I can get the education I need to make things right again. 

It goes without saying that the management of hormone imbalances is an art. It takes a specialized skill set and a willingness to think outside the box. Because we use Biologically Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHR), it takes a little time to get all of the stars to line up just right, but when they do, the results can be astonishing. 

In my personal quest to better understand the management of hormone imbalances, I have discovered that there is no shortage of solid proof, in the medical literature, that BHRT is safe, and it’s also very effective in the prevention of things like: 

Alzheimer’s Disease 
Heart Disease 
Stroke 
Osteoporosis 
Cancer 
Premature Skin Aging 
Age Related Weight Gain 

In most cases, BHRT can also reverse some of these illnesses and help restore us to a more youthful state. I know that it may seem like I’m making this out to be the next fountain of youth or the next anti-aging miracle, but that’s not my intention. The fact of the matter is, we can’t stop aging and there’s no such thing as the fountain of youth, BUT we can slow the effects of aging and wind back the hands of time just enough to make us feel vibrant again, like we did in our 20’s. 

You may be asking, “How do you do this? I have my hormones checked every year, and my doctor says that my hormones are just fine.” I’ll answer this question in the next segment later this week. 

Stay tuned next week for Part 2.

hormones-weight-loss

No comments:

Post a Comment