Monday, February 25, 2013

Fresh Manna Monday

2 Chronicles 13: 1-7 

In the passages above is written a remarkable recount of David’s leadership and heart as he pursued what really mattered in life. In summary, the Ark of God or the presence of God had taken a “backseat” under the leadership of King Saul, David’s predecessor. David knew that what the nation needed was God back in their midst. I really like the way he chose to involve everyone in the decision making. In verses 1 and 2 he met with his commanders and I believe laid out the plan and vision he had for reaching the God-inspired goal he had been given. I believe David had to encourage those of his leadership under him to take ownership in the “task at hand”. I envision David as he enthusiastically and with great energy laid out the plan for his nation as he shared with his immediate leadership. David knew that he needed everyone “on board” if his strategy was to be met with the least resistance from the people. 

After David was successful with encouraging the leaders of Israel, he then went to the people with his plan and once again laid out God’s strategy for the nation. The people emphatically rallied behind David and the leadership and moved forward with the plan to pursue God by reclaiming the Ark of God. The reason that I feel that this is such a great example of Leadership is that David understood the need to communicate clearly and effectively what he knew was God’s heart and direction. Effective communication is such an essential part of being the leaders that God intended for us to be. You may be thinking, “I am not a leader”, but the fact is we are all leaders. If we are parents, we are leaders. If we are aunts or uncles, or even brothers or sisters, we are leaders. In fact, a recognized position does not make us a leader, but if we are a person who gives advice or has influence on even one person then we are leaders. So, I am not sure about you, but this makes me realize that when it comes to my influence on others then I need to make sure I am communicating effectively to ensure that what is really important in life is heard by all who may be following.


No comments:

Post a Comment